Updated 1st April 2020
Hope Village Hall
Post Office open 12-2pm on Wednesdays, circumstances permitting
ALL OTHER EVENTS AT THE VILLAGE HALL ARE CANCELLED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
Please check the village hall website ‘latest news’ section for any updates on this:
Thank you and take care
The Post Office in Pontesbury is now open Monday-Saturday 9am tim 1pm.
Any residents who are experiencing difficulties getting shopping, medicines or accessing services can phone Shropshire Council through our dedicated Covid-19 Helpline on 0345 6789028. There is also a dedicated email address; [email protected]
Whilst there should be no need to panic in the current situation, it is clear that (at the time of writing, at least) there are some tricky times ahead for some people. If you go down with any illness and find that you have to self-isolate or have to stay at home because you fall into the elderly/vulnerable category, and especially if you don’t have any contact with family, friends or neighbours, please feel free to get in touch with us and we will do our best to get shopping, pick up medication or just have a chat on the phone.
KEY PHONE NUMBERS
(Details Correct at Date of Publication)
Worthen Medical Practice:
Westbury Medical Centre:
Pontesbury Medical Practice:
Bishop’s Castle Medical Practice:
Montgomery Medical Practice:
0345 678 9000
Local Support and Prevention Fund:
0345 678 9078
Shropshire Citizen’s Advice:
0344 499 1100
Shropshire Rural Support – offer support to rural people during periods of anxiety and stress:
Royal Agricultural Benevolent Society (RABI) – Assistance
for individuals and families from the farming sector:
0808 281 9490
free from any phone – 116 123
local call charges apply – 0330 094 5717
South Shropshire Housing Assoc.:
0300 303 1190
0300 300 0059
0800 328 5644
0300 200 3100
0800 731 0469
Govt Business Support Helpline:
0300 456 3565
HMRC special coronavirus helpline for businesses or self-employed:
0800 024 1222
Chirbury Post Office and Stores:
Hignetts of Pontesbury:
Smiths Butchers Minsterley:
Marton Village Stores:
Care in the Community Helpline:
0121 318 5138
The Stables Inn
is doing take-away meals and drinks.
Local delivery available.
Phone: 01743 891344
are offering to take orders for their delicious sausages, bacon, burgers and butter and deliver to your door.
Tel: 01743 891525
Email: [email protected].com
The Bog Visitor Centre
Due to the Coronavirus the Bog Visitor Centre will stay closed until further notice.
SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL SHOPS
During the current crisis, many of our local shops have responded magnificently, and are rapidly adapting to the new situation, helping to serve those who are now in self-quarantine. Below you can find a list of the actions many of these shops are undertaking; be aware, though, that this list is current as of the date of publication, and may change in the weeks to come.
- The Cock Inn, from 25/03, will be providing a takeaway service from 4pm-9pm. Contact 01743 891969 for more details.
- Chirbury Post Office and Stores will be operating a delivery service, including fresh sandwiches, cakes and quiches. They can be contacted at 01938 561201.
- The Stiperstones Inn is offering a takeaway food service; contact 01743 791327 for more details.
- Hignetts of Pontesbury is gearing up to provide a new delivery service for those isolating, with updates and details on their Facebook page. They can be contacted at 01743 790228, or through their website at https://hignetts.co.uk/.
- Smith’s Butchers of Minsterley is opening between 7:30am and 9am for elderly and vulnerable customers early, and for those unable to leave their home, they are willing to drop off orders for local residents. Call 07807898404 or 01743 791863.
- The Yockleton Arms is offering a takeaway service until further notice, and a delivery service for those in self-isolation, with a minimum order of £15 for free delivery. For more information, contact 01743 821 491.
For the latest local info, please see hopevillagehall.org.uk/coronavirus